Sunday, January 9, 2011

Treating Cancer Patients with Reiki

An interesting 2 year study was done at Univ of Connecticut /Dept of Surgery regarding healing with hands therapy, Therapeutic Touch. Very similar to Reiki, the study showed sweeping a patients energy field twice a week for just two weeks stimulated the growth of healthy skin, tendon and bone. Human touch has the capacity to affect cell growth and stimulate healing potential. This therapy did not stimulate sick cell, cancer to grow-in fact it decreased abnormal growth. This study will be supportive for us Reiki therapists who treat people with cancer-we are good for them! Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

  1. This sounds fascinating! I had Reiki performed on me once and it was an amazing sensation. I know a friend who was just certified as a Reiki healer.

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete